Sr Software Engineer
Remote Work Possible? -
Oncue is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer who loves building consumer-facing products and creative problem solving to join our small and mighty engineering team. Our engineering team embraces collaboration, eagerly takes on challenges of all sizes, values personal growth, and welcomes feedback.
As the Sr Software Engineer on the team, you will possess the skills and confidence to undertake the challenges of working in a fast-paced start-up environment, frequently be taken out of your comfort zone and relish getting your hands dirty working with and building the next generation of our product platform. You'll be supported by an engaged Director of Engineering.
In this role you will:
- Lead in the creation and execution of novel solutions to complex, unbounded technical problems.
- Work in a continuous, agile build and release cycle that we are consistently working to improve.
- Be committed to product excellence to ensure the smoothest user experience.
- Embrace a close collaboration with cross-functional colleagues.
- Help define the architecture and technical strategy that guide the engineering team.
- Consistently take steps to support the growth and success of your fellow engineers.
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership Bring your authentic self to work
- Results oriented
- Hands on and team oriented
- Desire to work on a product that really matters to its users, that's absolutely central to their success
- Ability to adjust plan and react as needed
- Proven and demonstrable track record of success with web/mobile consumer facing development projects.
- Ability to accurately estimate software tasks and work to schedule.
- Good judgment particularly in high pressure times
- Able to independently structure and manage workflow and priorities
- Possess the Obligatory Pithy Characteristics of Mature Engineers
- High proficiency in Nodejs
- ExpressJs or some other flavor of Nodejs web app framework
- SQL and NoSQL (you must understand a database beyond an ORM
- Experience building microservices
- CI/CD, Git, Linters, Agile .. all the basics of day to day SD
Nice to haves in no particular order
- Go, Python or the like
- Web API's, React or Vue
- Mobile development
- Experience working on CRM's
Currently our core stack is Ruby on Rails, React and Postgres, all hosted on Heroku. We also have a mobile app written in React Native. Specific experience with our stack is not required, but an interest in dissecting it into micro(ish) services is!
This is a great role for a senior professional who enjoys a high level of visibility or for someone looking to take that next step up in their career.