Team Lead, Software Engineering
Remote Work Possible? -
As a Software Engineering Team Lead at Railz, you will work cross-functionally with designers, product managers, and developers to build, launch, and fine-tune features of our Data-as-a-Service API product. You’ll get the chance to help build a variety of products including our flagship product, Data-as-a-Service.
- Leading a development team to create and maintain quality software
- Directly managing your team members' performance
- Coaching and mentoring team members
- Leading the team on making commitments on deliverables
- Ensuring that the team meets commitments and reports back to management on the progress and /or blockers
- Ensuring that the team follows the current Railz processes for the software development lifecycle
- Identifying areas of improvement within the software development lifecycle
- Ensure that software developed by your team are adequately documented
- Ensuring that your team is aware of Railz’s strategic priorities and current initiatives
- Ensuring the successful onboarding of new team members
- Work with the product team to provide high-level estimates for future scrum development work
- Foster a culture of creativity and risk-taking by creating an emotionally safe environment
Who You Are:
You have experience leading a team of developers to deliver projects on time by providing solid technical direction. You have experience or are interested in having direct reports. You are eager to learn new technologies, but also want to understand the business problems we are trying to solve. You are willing to question the status quo to find a more optimal solution to the existing process. You thrive in a positive, collaborative environment with your great communication skills. You believe in the value of iterating together towards a common goal.
- 5+ years of Software Development Experience
- Minimum 3 years within the Senior Software Engineer role
- Experience of people management and the ability to lead and influence others
- Experience in formal personal development planning and individual, team and process performance management
- Proven experience in leading and managing the delivery of software development projects in a structured environment
- Experience in a variety of software development approaches and methodologies including Agile and Scrum
- Experience in both architecture and implementation-level software design
- Experience in requirements capture, analysis techniques, and process improvement approaches
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills
- Excellent personal organization and ability to prioritize and carry out multiple tasks
- Able to influence and drive projects to meet key milestones and overcome challenges
- Comfortable working without routine supervision
- A desire to remain technically capable and an expert in current technologies
- Proven track record of practical, thoughtful problem solving
- Start-up experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent mix of education and experience
We work hard, and we have fun. Success is what motivates us everyday to be the best and keep winning in the market. We offer a variety of perks to ensure our team can always work hard and play hard:
- Unlimited paid time off. Enough said.
- Health Spending Accounts
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive salary, benefits and equity incentives for everyone!
- Hackathon events. For all who love to design and build.